Friday, December 14, 2007

Slide Show of Christmases Past

What a great idea! From Kim Komando's Advice Column on Personal Technology from IndyStar.com

Q: I'm hosting my first Christmas. I have family coming from all over. I'd like to do something extra special. I want to create a slide show of Christmas pictures from past years. Any suggestions?

A: First, you'll need to scan old photographs, so fire up your scanner. Your monitor can probably display photos at 96 or 72 pixels per inch. So, set your scanner to 96 dots per inch. Are you planning to print or enlarge the photos? Then, set the scanner at 300 dpi or higher, depending on how much you want to enlarge them. Once your photos are scanned, you're ready to create your slide show. I prefer to use Microsoft's Photo Story. You'll find a link to it at www.komando.com/news.

Now to get out the old photos and make that DVD....